Merida 901 (2009) model

Tech specs, rider feedback, different model discussions...

Merida 901 (2009) model

Postby iggy » January 9th, 2009, 4:44 pm

Hello people i am so Happy about this that i just have to tell you people. Venkat has just messaged me that the RoadBike is here and has sent me 2 pictures of it and dame it looks good here is a treat for all you people who want to have a look at my new set of wheels (this will be the last). This is the box piece of the bike but tomorrow i will be upgrading the Shifters,Rear derailleur,Sprocket And Chain to a 10speed so i hope it will be ready for the Sunday ride to Nandi now enough talk lets see

Special Thanks to Venkat for the pictures ( I am coming sooooooooooooon )
iggy
-
-

Re: Merida 901 (2009) model

Postby zenx » January 9th, 2009, 4:57 pm

Congrats Iggy! Your rate of upgrades leaves with me some doubt about the "this will be the last" statement ;)
Very very cool bike - and you should just be flying on this.
Sameer, Bangalore
zenx
-
-

Postby anarchytecture » January 9th, 2009, 5:04 pm

Looks good!
What are you upgrading to, and from what? From Sora to 105 or something?
Curious as to why you wouldn't just buy a higher spec bike instead?
anarchytecture
-
-

Postby cheewachai » January 9th, 2009, 5:07 pm

Nice. How much is the boxed price before upgrades ? What size did you get ... I might as well reserve this bike from you asI am confident you will be getting another one in 6 months ;-) Congrats. Me too looking for a road bike ... for the next TFN ... just missed a vintage colnago frame going for INR 6K ...
2007 Scott Addict SL SRAM FORCE
2007 Trek Fuel Ex 5
1987 Battaglin World Champion '87 FRAME getting ...built ... built ... built ... On Sale Now.
cheewachai
-
-

Postby abhi » January 9th, 2009, 5:14 pm

Hehe, Iggy nice... Now you have another new bike! Nice looker too. Keep us updated on the upgrades as you do them.
And yes, I too do not think that this bike will be your last. :D
Life is far too short to skip doing what you enjoy. But, remember to keep your feet on the ground.
Forum Rules|Avatars
abhi
-
-

My Goal: 1. 10,000kms this year.
2. Ride at as many places as possible.

Postby iggy » January 9th, 2009, 5:52 pm

Ha Abhi thanks bro... I have made sure i will stick on to a road bike for a long time

Ha cheewachai the bike will cost you 45k and with upgrades i guess it will pass 50k for sure but i will only get to know about the conformed price tomorrow after the upgrades are put in. The size is (M)medium but Venkat also has (S)small as well. Sorry to hear about the colnago frame but there is always another one out there somewhere thanks a lot bro.....

Ha anarchytecture yes the the parts that i am upgrading is 105 as the Sora shifters are not very comfortable while in a drop position and since i am upgrading the shifters why not upgrading the rear derailleur and the sprocket and the chain to 10 speed and all is 105. Now i did have a thought about a high end specification bike. But as you know the choices are very limited in India so had to settle for this one but after the upgrades it might work out just fine thanks a lot bro.....

Ha zenx yes the statement that i made is true. I did have a lot of experimenting to do with my body and the bike and have realized that i love being on the road and love to ride long distances so as you can see the bike's that i have had and tested in the past i am pretty sure this will stay with me for a long time now thanks a lot bro......
iggy
-
-

Postby RNair » January 9th, 2009, 6:10 pm

Iggy,

Good that you are upgrading those Sora's. They are just not fast enough! The 105 are excellent entry level shifters from Shimano and you will like them. I rode on them for 2 years and just upgraded them with Dura Ace while the 105's replaced the Sora's on my wife's trek 1000.

A quick remark regarding your ride thru TFN, I have been on the forum for a year now and I have always followed your rides and reports. The way you rode TFN was just amazing and I have never seen anybody improve so much in a small time frame! Your hard work and determination paid off and congratulations!!
Please don't save humanity. The planet will thank you.
http://www.tourofnilgiris.com
Dogma 65.1, Dogma 60.1, Storck Absolutist, Colnago K Zero TT, Ridley X Fire (disc), Pinarello Paris, Ferrari Colnago Ltd Edition, Bianchi Volpe .... etc etc
RNair
-
-

Postby iggy » January 9th, 2009, 6:41 pm

Thanks a lot Rajesh as always i will push myself harder and prepare myself for the next tour
iggy
-
-

Postby deepakvrao » January 9th, 2009, 7:11 pm

Congratulations Iggy - seems like a great bike. Are you getting a compact crank? Keep us updated on how the bike works out as well as final pricing. I'm sure you wont sleep tonight :-)

Rajesh - how 'bad' are the Soras really? other than the difficulty of shifting from the hoods. I had also thought of this upgrade with the Merida but then decided that I would go for the Trek 1.5 and stick with the Sora's. The issue was that it was a bit iffy about putting/getting a compact double for the Merida and also I was a bit apprehensive of upgrading so many components on a brand new bike [although I know thats not rational].
Regards,

Deepak

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/12896
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/11161
deepakvrao
-
-

Postby kunalkins11 » January 9th, 2009, 9:57 pm

wow! great iggy! congrats on your new bike

i remember reading your earlier posts........you have graduated to a really new level........ you seem to have been set ablaze by the passion and fire for cycling in a very powerful way! am sure the TFN would have been a great experience.

Awesome to see this happening to u! keep up the great work!!
kunalkins11
-
-

My Goal: Cycle atleast 500 Km in Jan & Feb 2013

Next

Return to Cycle models and brands