Hercules Ryders ACT 104

Please post only reviews in this section. For all other discussions use the "Cycle models and brands" section. It would be necessary to back up any claims made in this section with logical/ scientific/ pictorial proof. If you think any posts should be moved to this section, inform Abhi.
Forum rules
Read the Product Review Posting Guidelines before posting.

Hercules Ryders ACT 104

Postby vekv721 » April 10th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Hello Everybody...

Here is my first review at bikeszone.com which is about my new cycle Hercules Ryders ACT 104. Purchased it just 15 days ago!! This is the first time I have purchased a geared
cycle and I do not have any prior experience of riding a geared cycle. So I was little afraid before purchasing the cycle. Coming to the cycling experience..... This cycle is probably the best for a beginner in riding geared cycles just like me and for those who have a budget constraint of Rs 6,000/- to Rs 7,000/-. After a detailed survey I had purchased this cycle at the BSA Go showroom for Rs 6,500/- along with a free bell and a lock worth Rs 200/-.

Riding the Cycle:

Initially I had a few problems riding the cycle mainly on account of my inexperience in riding a geared cycle. Was facing lot of difficulties on Day 1 to bring the Cycle from showroom to home like wrong gear shifts, Incorrect usage of gears etc... But after a day or two after purchase I have become very much comfortable with the gears system. Initially felt that the gear shifting was not smooth. But as time progressed I got the technique of shifting the gears and began to shift the gears with ease and smoothness. Overall a good cycling experience and very much worth the cost. Anyone who is interested in purchasing the cycle can contact me on Ph : xxxxxxxxxxxxx to take a detailed feedback.

Regards,
Venkatesh,
Ph: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by abhi on April 10th, 2009, 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details, read forum rules for more information.
vekv721

Re: Hercules Ryders ACT 104

Postby aalaap » April 22nd, 2009, 9:43 am

How heavy is this bike? Is there any way you can weigh it and tell us?

I tried a Hercyles Ryders ACT 107 which was a bit heavy, so I picked up the Firefox Axxis instead, whcih is nearly feather weight...
aalaap
-
-

Postby Dmehta » February 24th, 2011, 8:48 pm

what is your height and your built? How much do you weigh? I am 6 ft and weigh 90 kilos and i was thinking of buying the same bike. Do you think i will be comfortable?
Dmehta

My Goal: Earn a lot of money and become successful without hurting anyone.

Postby vishu_su30 » April 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm

congrats on ur purchase..! :D
Ride hard..!! ;)
\m/
Hercules Atom 18spd
Gary Fisher(by Trek) G2 Advance

Nandi Climb - 39min34sec :D
vishu_su30
-
-

Postby nareshov » November 6th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Hey there,

(forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but I feel the context seems right)

I have an ACT 104 too but I find it quite hard to use. I've used a BSA Mach 3 during college and that was way easier. I'm fancying a 12-13km commute distance to work but after two attempts (yesterday and this evening), I realise that my ACT 104 is indeed tough to use. :cry:

I've done longer rides in the past on a few weekends on Kanakapura road. My fellow rider who was on a ACT110 had a much smoother ride (and wasn't nearly as tired as I was).

Questions:
1. I'm hoping to make my commute (JP Nagar phase 7 to MG Road) a reality; would investing in a "decent" urban-bike or a road-bike (I loved my Mach 3 but I'm not sure how B'lore's traffic will hold up to it) make a real difference in making it pleasant to commute?
vek721/jimkerson: what are your views on this? Do you guys share the same feeling?

2. Is it standard practice for bikers in B'lore to commute in early hours? I've rarely spotted anyone on the roads 9am onwards, although I've spotted some past 9pm at night.
Trek 7.1FX (nov '11 - dec '12)
Bianchi via Nirone 7 (jun '12 - current)
nareshov
-
-

Return to Cycle reviews